Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rosenblum update

I've been using an automatic posting service, hollotxt.com, to update several feeds at once. Alas, it doesn't seem so automatic now, and I wasn't checking to make sure everything went though. As a result I have some catching up to do.

We beat Parimatch on Saturday and went on to defeat Fredin in the round of 16 on Sunday. In the quarter-final on Monday we faced, not just our nemesis, but everyone's, the Nickell team. Doug and I lost to them in the semi-finals of the Bermuda Bowl in Monte Carlo in 2003 and several times since.

Doug and I started poorly and never picked up steam. In the first set I missed what should have been an easy double of a vulnerable 4S with QJT9 of trump after partner had bid. The result was a push, but I hate to let seven IMPs get away like that. We had a few more that were out and out mistakes rather than errors in judgement. We ended up losing the match by 67.

Nickell made it to the finals where they lost to a Diamond team that included three of my teammates from the 1995 team trials. It's a small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment